My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

27 July 2014

(Almost) Week 1 Whole30 Update

Soooo--- Where to begin.  It is now 10:13 and I am ending Day 6 of my first Whole 30.  I began with an afternoon of shopping with my lovely friend Christy.  We hit my favorite farmer's market, Costco, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods (in that order).  My refrigerator is now constantly stocked with multiple types of produce, raw meats, cooked meats, eggs, ghee, garlic, and herbs.  It makes it easier.  I want a snack I grab fruit and nuts.  I need a meal I have proteins, raw veggies, cooked veggies, partially cooked veggies, and spices to create quick meals. My biggest challenge is eating 3 meals each day.

Things I have Learned so Far:

1. I love dairy.  Seriously LOVE dairy.  I will be okay as long as my belly tolerates dairy when this is over.

2. When you are in the faces of patients and parents all day long it is nice to have the option to chew gum or eat a mint.  

3. It is REALLY hard to eat 3 meals a day. Seriously. I post pictures because it holds me accountable. (Confession -- today's lunch was nuts and fruit as I walked through Lowe's and the grocery store -- and the produce the lady at the farmer's market fed me)

4. My body now craves water. I woke up the first two mornings craving a Sundrop.  Now I wake up craving a glass of ice water and if it has a slice of lemon in it that is magnificent.

5. Some days I feel full.  Some days I feel like I am missing something I need. Probably craving CHEESE or YOGURT or CHEESE......

6.  When doing the Whole30 - do NOT! I repeat do NOT! walk down the aisles of the grocery store without a purpose or goal.  It is TORTURE!!!

7. Wanna make this  Whole30 lady cry ----have her accidentally turn down the Mexican food aisle -- then she is looking at tortillas, and taco shells, and dreaming of taco salads and CHEESE and SOUR CREAM and near tears.  So she quickly leaves that aisle and rushes to the next one --- what is it? NipCheese on one side (fav snack) and SunDrop on the other side of the aisle.  I might have lost a tear. Maybe. 

8. Tonight I feel like a superhero because --- I made Mayo :)

9.  You can't weigh or measure during this process. I never measured before I started but I know the weight at the beginning.  This is what I know now --- my scrub tops don't make me feel like I'm going to suffocate and my favorite green shorts are still pretty snug but I no longer feel like I am being cut in half.  I call this progress.

10. Did I mention some of my friends and family are going to join in the fun. Wanna join?

No comments: