My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

15 May 2013

Head to Wall. Repeat.

Each day I awake to the following sound....
tap. Tap. TAp. TAP. TAP. TAP. taptaptaptaptap.

Get the picture?

The culprit?

A lovely red male cardinal who beats his head against my sliding glass door each day in attempts to take out the other lovely red male cardinal in the window.

Himself.

While the tapping is incredibly obnoxious it is a sound that resounds deep within me.

How often do we tap our fingers as we fidget?  How often do we bang our heads against the wall in frustration / aggravation / or anguish?  How often do we fight ourselves?

Each day we awake with a need to have a day that is better than the one before.  A day in which we are better than we were the day before.

We lose a few pounds and are happy but then we look in the mirror and wish for more.  We like the outfit we are wearing but wish it were different or that we had more?  We get our haircut and it is good for a week and then we convince ourselves that it is no longer good enough.

We are loved unconditionally by a Father no matter our look, our size, or our job. And yet we tear ourselves down with each breath we take and take shots at others around us.  We listen to society as they whisper in our ear that we are not enough. That we will never be enough.

What will it take for us decide that we are perfect just the way we are?

I don't have the answer --- this is an answer I seek on a daily basis.  I can only try to be the best me that I can be.

One of my favorite quotes---

"All you've got is all you can give and that will always be enough."
-Sarah Mueller

2 comments:

Lori Harris said...

amen!!! I can only be the best me I can be! make it into a t-shirt. i'll buy it!

Christa said...

I would totally wear that shirt! I think I am going to get it on stickers. Then I can put it on my water bottles, planner, etc. I don't remember it often enough.