My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

26 January 2013

Sometimes you just have to laugh...

....and today is one of those days.  The options are to laugh or cry.  I'll choose laughter.

I awoke this morning with a sense of dread and drowning in worry.  It didn't help that I apparently slept through FOUR different alarms and awoke 3 hours later than planned.  You see --- the NPTE (National Physical Therapy Exam), my board exam, is 3 days away.  Only THREE and this week has not gone as planned.  And so --- I have 3 days to learn enough to hopefully slide by with a passing grade.  The fear is of not passing, of having this test hanging over my head for another 3 months, or having to study day in and day out till the point of exhaustion.  But it happens.  Some of the smartest PTs I know either squeaked by with one or two questions or they had to retake the exam.  The fear is valid.  How I handle the fear is the important part.


It would have been really easy to skip my quiet time today.  I got out of bed 3 hours late.  I have a ton of things to do and learn.  I need to walk to CVS for bread, etc....  So many options for excuses.  And yet there was a need to spend time in my Bible this morning.  He knew I needed that time and He knew exactly what I needed to hear.  One of the verses in Jesus Calling (for Jan 26th) hit the spot.  




"He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord."
Psalm 112:7

(Pass or Fail - It is all going to be okay but it is still worth the risk -
 in hopes that Tuesday will be my one and only time sitting for this horrific exam.)

1 comment:

likinghonest said...

Amen-praying for you this week.