My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

09 January 2013

Morning Blessings

Each new year we make a list of our New Years resolutions --- and then we are annoyed as we fail most or all of them.  This year seemed like a good year for a change.  I have officially graduated from graduate school with my DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy).  I am now cramming for my Boards with the realization that the worst that can happen is that I have to retake them in April --- and let's be honest --- far worse things have happened in my life.  So each day I pray for peace, perseverance  a release from the fear/worry, and the energy to continue..

This year for my list of resolutions --- I had ONE! "Regain and Maintain Balance in Life."  It seems short, sweet, and to the point.  Under that umbrella is --- cook more, try new recipes, Bible study each day, active lifestyle, workout, more time with friends & family, Me Time, craftiness, new job, Realistic Expectations for myself...... and the list goes on and on.  The last 7-8 years have been grueling.  Years of pre-reqs with prayers of getting into PT school.  Followed by years in school without a moment to call my own or a chance to take a deep breath.  I have gained much over these years but I also feel like I have lost a part of me.  My resolution is the first step to gaining part of that back --- and discovering what's new with me.

That being said.  I am currently reading the One Year Chronological Bible (gift from my Sister) and Jesus Calling (by Sarah Young) each day.  I realize it is only the 9th day of the year but I am celebrating little victories.  I am up to date and have only had to play catch up once. It is amazing to me how the words end up being a perfect match for my need on the days I need Him most.  

Today I woke up anxious.  I have a lot to review and a lot to learn in very little time.  The exam is now officially less than 3wks away and I would love to feel semi prepared in 2wks so that the last week is just review and hitting on tough stuff that won't stick (very technical :) ).  That being said... Here are some nuggets from today.. and I will include a few from yesterday...

Cling to Hope -- "Hope is like a golden cord connecting you to Heaven.  The more you cling to the cord - the more God wears the weight of your burdens." (J.Calling)

"I am with you and for you.  When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you.  You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal, but don't be discouraged -- never give up! ... Do not expect an easy path as you journey...Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come." (J.Calling)

Psalm 46:1-2,5 ; "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will NOT fear." "God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day."

Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

Genesis 26:12 " (Isaac) harvested one hundred times more grain than he planted, for the Lord blessed him." (He not only provides what we need --- He does immeasurably more.)

Luke 1:37 "For nothing is impossible with God."
(An easy one to memorize and a great one to recall throughout the day.)

Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished."
(This was on the opposite page from v. 37.  Verse 37 was in my readings for today.  I read v. 45 today because it was colored with lots of notes in the margins.  God keeps sending me to this page a key moments in my life --->  applying for first pre-req, first day of first pre-req, day applications for grad school were completed, MGHIHP interview,  1st day at IHP, finals 2nd yr IHP, and now today.... It was a nice reminder of where I have been.)

No comments: