My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

14 April 2009

Prayer Requests for THIS WEEK!!!

Hi! This week is going to be busy and so I thought I'd post some prayer requests. If you aren't a person who prays...a thought would be nice too :) I'm seeking clarity, peace, assurance, and financial stability...

TUESDAY: (Today since it's 5:11am and I never went to bed) I will be flying to Boston. Flight leaves at 11:20 am...through NY..and then to Boston around 4pm. The goal tomorrow is just to spend some time in the city and relax.... Please pray for safety/smoothness in traveling and no glitches along the way...

WEDNESDAY: At noon I meet with a broker to go and look at apartments. (In Boston approx. 98 % of apartments are held by brokers---lucky me :)) I have seen one online (with this firm) that I like...although cheaper would be better...and a fourth floor walk-up is NOT my first choice. Please pray that "the" apartment for me will be one of those the broker has chosen to show me. Please pray that the paperwork works out and that what I have is enough.

THURSDAY: At 11am I meet with a realtor to look at apartments she has picked out from multiple brokers... The problem with this is I have to pay a broker fee + a realtor fee = 2 month's rent! And just to give you a ballpark for Boston... for a 1 bdrm the size of a tic tac box it is $1500-$2000/mo. Now add in my need to be near public transportation and have easy access to hospitals and I have just been placed in the more expensive city...rather than the "burbs." This I think goes without saying...but... a major prayer request for the finances. This is both for the money upfront (4-5 month's rent) and for the cost of tuition and living in the city for the next three years. My credit is not good (due to no insurance and a massive medical debt). I just need to get into ONE apartment that I can call mine for the next three years....It's a dream... a dream I'm willing to pay for in the future... and a dream that I am trying to trust God to work out. At this point the entire thing is terrifying... Please pray for the realtor that she may show me "the" apartment if I haven't found it by now... patience of me..and calming of nerves.

FRIDAY: The morning is free... free for paperwork..free for viewing more apartments... free for fun :) I fly out of Boston at around 8:30pm and arrive in Greensboro around midnight. A long week but an interesting one....

Obviously I would love to find a diamond in the rough. Great neighborhood... or close. Price below market value. More space than a tic-tac box :) and to add one more (for Laurie).. an apartment on the fourth floor or below....

God Bless!

1 comment:

goob said...

Good luck with the hunt, hun! You've come so far -- something will be provided. Preferably on the 2nd-3rd floor. One can dream. ;)
Looking forward to hearing about it on Friday! Have some fun while you're up there!!