My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

24 March 2009

Love...True and Simple...

I listened to a young lady at school discussing her need to go to school in order to find a husband that is worth having. Hmmmmmmm.... She is "planning"/contemplating going to PT school. After listening to the sad and ridiculous conversation for a while she turns to me and says "You're going to PT school, aren't you? You understand what I'm saying." Ummm.. NO! I'm going to school for me. It has nothing to do with the expectations others have for me or my future husband. Quite frankly, I want a husband who would love me if I was fat and a trash collector, thin and a PT, or rich and a doctor. I want someone who wants me for me... not for what I have done or what I will become... I certainly not going to graduate school to gain a husband.

I'm going to grad school to gain a knowledge that will allow others to participate in daily functions with less pain. I'm going to grad school to use my background as a patient to be a compassionate supporter of my patients. I'm going to grad school in order to be a better advocate for my patients. I'm going to grad school to accrue a massive debt. I'm going to grad school for me... because I know my purpose... I know my calling... and I have not struggled this long and worked this hard for nothing. I'm going to grad school because God has deemed it so and because I busted my butt, worked hard, and TRUSTED!

The lyrics below are for a song "Love Me" by JJ Heller. The song is the last one on my playlist. (You should listen to it... it's beautiful...)

This song really deals with the deep inner need that we all have to feel loved. Unconditionally, no strings attached.... Truly loved... In the end is a reminder of the one who loves us... always!

LOVE ME
-JJ Heller

He cries in the corner where nobody sees He’s the kid with the story no one would believe
He prays every night, “Dear God won’t you please
Could you send someone here who will love me?”

Who will love me for me
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means

Her office is shrinking a little each day
She’s the woman whose husband has run away
She’ll go to the gym after working today
Maybe if she was thinner
Then he would’ve stayed
And she says…

Who will love me for me?
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me?
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love, what love really means

He’s waiting to die as he sits all alone
He’s a man in a cell who regrets what he’s done
He utters a cry from the depths of his soul
“Oh Lord, forgive me, I want to go home”
Then he heard a voice somewhere deep inside
And it said
“I know you’ve murdered and I know you’ve lied
I have watched you suffer all of your life
And now that you’ll listen, I’ll tell you that I...”

I will love you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew.

No comments: