My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

28 November 2008

Fall Beauty

I hope this post finds everyone well rested and recuperating from a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with friends, family, and food.
We were blessed this year with a house full of family. My mom's family came in from High Point and food, talk, tall tales, and laughter followed. We caught up on each others' lives, got to know new additions, and reminisced about those already in Heaven.
I was able to take some pictures last week in the park. I enjoy the little pieces of nature that many people overlook. The leaves we step on, the flower that has fallen off the bush, the fly taking a rest on a petal, the pollen in the center of a wilted rose....It's fun to capture them for safe keeping...Enjoy!
Please take a few moments and be thoughtful and consider what it is you are thankful for. As for me here are some..just to name a few:


**Great parents who love me and raised me to love God and respect others

**Mama: for your peacefulness and calm reassurance, for listening, for quantity time, for the best back scratches ever, and for letting my head rest on your "almost" shoulder for a hug... I love you!

**Daddy: for the best morning hugs when we both just want to go back to bed, for eggs a la golden rod, for sharing your love of photography, and for all of your support through the struggles of the last years... I love you!

**My sister, her silly personality, beautiful smile, and randomness. Thanks for making me smile! I love you Sis!

**My brother-in-law who saves lives on a daily basis and makes my sister smile, for great cooking, for parking my car on the side of the mountain, for answering my questions, and for putting up with your sister in laws visits :) I love you Bro!

**My dog niece or niece dog...who kept me awake last night by burping in my face...

**An extended family full of love, laughter, and silliness...

**Friends: More than I can name...

**Christy: who didn't need or want more friends but let me into her heart no less...you are a daily inspiration to me.. thanks for all the "real" talk and laughter..

**Laurie: what can be said.. to my food friend with a mutual passion for big bang, chinese, and krispy kreme doughnuts. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to on Thursdays

**Traci: my quiet quaker friend..thanks for being there when you weren't expected, lending a hand even when I can't voice the need, and for loving my cat as much as I do...

**Ele and Jenna: what can be said other than.....Laughter, movies, and mexican :)

...and to all of my other friends.. you know who you are...you are Loved!

**Eileen: for all of the help with school and support over the years...

**Banning: for your lovable wierdness, the best hugs ever, for making me laugh, and trying to make me smile on days when I feel like crying...

**Kiki: for being you... for accepting me as part of the family... and for all of the times you've come to my defense

**Lucinda Lou "Lucy": my unexpected friend in a furry coat. One who loves me unconditionally.

**A future full of possibilities! (grad school, husband, children, home, dog.....)

**the Christmas season!!!!

**Salvation Army kettles and ringing bells...

**a "live dead" Christmas tree

**cooking..food..baking...yarn...beautiful weather..nature...laughter..tears..blue eyes tea..

**....too many things to name....

Happy Thanksgiving Season.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. That almost made me cry! I am very thankful for you!!

Traci

Raleigh's Notes said...

I love you too Christa. Thank you for loving all the way you do.

Mama