My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

04 July 2008

I Met a Girl in Fleece Pants....


...long ago in a photography class. Little did I realize then that she is nearly always cold (quite the opposite of me). :)

(The picture to the right is drawn by Laurie, my little artist friend. During my first visit to her place I complimented the picture only to find out that she had drawn it. When I unwrapped my college graduation gift two years later I cried as I looked upon this drawing. The exact one from her wall.)

And why am I writing about her now you ask? Well.....Over the last couple of weeks I have been frantically hunting for a new place to live. I like to take a second person with me to visit places. This is both for my security and so that there is another set of eyes to be watching for things that I miss. Christy is usually drafted for the job; however she's currently touring Europe. My dear friend Laurie stepped up to the plate. I rearranged work schedules and she left work early. We spent hours driving around town looking for rental signs and scouring the web at the public library. There are some stories to be told of dead plants and spaces that would be mine, except....... There were cancelled appointments right and left, wrong turns, obnoxious GPS systems, and a lot of laughter. Without her I would not have maintain the tiny bit of sanity that I still possess.

Last week after a long afternoon of hunting with no clear answer we went to view a duplex. The owner's name sounded familiar to each of us; my assumption was UNCG. When we arrived she looked familiar and I looked familiar to her. We later discovered that she is friends with Laurie's old boss and my British physical therapist. It is certainly a small world.

The duplex is adorable with old home charm. Anyone who knows my family knows that that is our preference. My neighbor is an older gentleman; father-n-law of my landlord. I HAVE A HOUSE:) I'm soooooo excited to have a place to move to. We (Laur and I) took pictures this morning. I will post them when I can.

Thank you for everyone's prayers. Lucy and I are thrilled at the prospect of getting out of our current situation and into a new one.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I still have those fleece pants and love them!! -- especially when sitting under your current apartment fan. :)
Thank you for what you wrote in your blog. It means a lot to me. I'm glad that I could/can be there to help, and I'm so excited about the new place!!
It is very Christa-esque, and I hope it will feel like a home in no time. It already does, even without anything in there. :) That's the great thing about older places...