My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

17 July 2008

Finally I....

..finished my chemistry class! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! This class was an entire semester worth of chemistry crammed into seven weeks. It sounded good when I registered for it. Well actually the break afterwards sounded good. I wasn't thinking about what that would entail. But I made it through with a "B." I'm thrilled with that grade and for those who know me, that alone says a lot about the difficulty of the class.

I expected the final to take about 1.5-2.0 hours. I was greatly surprised. After five hours of a chemistry final I walked out knowing that "I am finished, it is done, and I can't change anything now...." I then took a vacation..... Well sort of....

I went to Boone and house/dog sat for my sister and her hubby while they were on vacation. They have a great house with double decks and a beautiful mountain view. Add to that a very lovable and intelligent dog and you have the keys to a relaxing time. Luckily I had convinced my mom to come with me. She enjoyed deadheading flowers and discovering new plants. We even began an excursion to collect blackberries and red raspberries and had to come back because I was carrying a handful of plants that we had uprooted from the side of the road (or others yards...it depends on how you want to look at it...)

It was fun and it was relaxing. I then rushed back (through the torrential downpour) to register for classes for the fall. :) I know a glutton for punishment. So far I am taking... Abnormal Psychology at Forsyth Technical Community College.... Pharmacology and Principles of Disease at Davidson County Community College....and I am waiting to find out about Exercise Physiology at UNCG. It's going to be an interesting semester. It's classes that I'm REALLY interested in (all except Abnormal ).

For now it is cleaning out, packing, packing, and more packing. In the in between times it's laughter, fun, frustration, and reading Our Town at work. Enjoy your summers!

Pics from Amy's


No comments: