My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

18 May 2008

A thought to Ponder...

I will update the blog in the next day or so with info from this weekend. I am waiting because I would like to include pictures and this computer at the library does not allow that option.


This past week has been an interesting one. It was not at all what I expected my break from school to be like. When Amy sent me a text towards the end of the week inviting me for the weekend I was thrilled to be able to accommodate. On Friday afternoon I headed to Boone with an extended absence message on my phone that said "I am hiding from life for a couple of days. If you need me leave a message. I will check my messages periodically." It was nice to not be bound to the phone; to not be responsible for anyone but myself. It was a good weekend/a relaxing weekend with a very interesting ride back. I will update tomorrow or Tuesday. For now enjoy one of the quotes from my current book:

"As for accomplishments, I just did what I had to do as things came along." -Eleanor Roosevelt

-You never know what people will need you to do. You can only take each day as it comes. It may be a blessing to them. Each thing you do is an accomplishment whether big or small. Be sure to cherish the small as well as the large. God made the incredibly beautiful mountains and old oak trees but don't forget that His hands also designed the delicate designs on the wings of the smallest butterfly.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

This last part of your blog makes me glad I chose that magnet for you! I was torn between a bunch, but I thought that particular one was a good one to read from time to time.
No matter how great or small things seem, they all take strength and character to accomplish well. You've got both, so keep flying, babe! :)

Christa said...

Laur-Thanks. I couldn't sleep lastnight. I woke up at 2 and couldn't go back to sleep. So what was I doing? Cleaning off my fridge:)