My Flickr Pics

christajtodd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

09 April 2008

If You Ruled the World?

I often get picked on for my music choices. In my car you will find everything from Frank Sinatra, Norah Jones, Sarah Kelly, Macy Gray, Indigo Girls, Pavarotti, Beethoven, Jennifer Knapp, Selah, choir cds, black gospel, some country, and other misc. music. Lately I've been in a more mellow music mood. This morning it was a cd of Tony Bennett duets. ( I know, I know...although I have a friend out there who owns this exact cd and you know who you are:) ) Anyway, this morning the song that I couldn't stop listening to was "If I Ruled the World." It's a duet with Celine Dion. It's a peaceful yet powerful rendition of an old song. I started thinking about the lyrics. A lot of the things listed are things that I think we will experience in heaven. I also think a lot of the things are possible here on earth. To strive to hold our heads up high and have a song in our hearts :) For now I'm glad I don't rule the world...

If I ruled the world-Every day would be the first day of spring
Every heart would have a new song to sing
And we’d sing of the joy every morning would bring.
If I ruled the world- Every man would be as free as a bird
Every voice would be a voice to be heard
Take my word we would treasure each day that occurred

My world would be a beautiful place where we would weave such a wonderful dream
My world would wear a smile on it’s face like the man in the moon when the moon beams

If I ruled the world-Every man would say the world was his friend
There’d be happiness that no man could end, no my friend, not if I ruled the world
Every head would be held up high.
There’d be sunshine in everyone’s sky. If day ever dawned
When I ruled the world.
If I ruled the world.

If you could add things to this list what would it be?
Mama would add chocolate because in Heaven she could eat all she wanted.
My friend Ele likes to think about the fact that we won't need food..it'll be for fun and then chocolate will be fat and calorie free :)

No comments: